Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 20 – Proposal Day


Last night we were hanging out with some FABULOUS friends who are dating…I mentioned that today was Proposal day just to see what would happen…there was complete silence…while starring at me for a few seconds which seemed like forever, and then I burst into laughter. I said I was just letting them know what day it was…how they interpreted it was up to them…however, it is now the end of the day and I haven’t heard anything, so I am thinking they proposed NOT to propose.

I proposed a few things today and they were all happily received. I proposed that we go get a movie…we did. I proposed that we take Duke to the park…we did. I proposed to some people that we should be able to buy their house…WE DID! Yes we are on our way to being proud home owners…HOORAY!

This day was created to help give the extra little nudge to get people engaged….I am already married so I couldn’t hence why I tried nudging my friends…unsuccessful, but I tried!

And from the Proposal Day Website: Prince William and Anne Hathaway declared most eligible singles worldwide!

It also states that if you are thinking about getting married you should propose on the first day of spring…TODAY or the first day of Fall… as these are the two days in the year where day and night are of equal length worldwide, symbolizing the equality of the two who comprise the successful marriage.

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU NEWLY ENGAGED…You’re going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment