Monday, March 8, 2010

March 1 - National Pig Day

Today is the day to celebrate pigs, more importantly domesticated pigs.

Domesticated pigs are actually becoming very popular. I don’t know, maybe when they first started having domesticated dogs people were a little hesitant as well. I am just not sure I would want some huge oinker following me around my house. Do you also find it weird that we eat pigs…I guess in some countries they eat dog…it’s all a little confusing. Maybe someday we will have domesticated hippos! That would be AMAZING, I will be in the front of that line (I have heard of a couple…)

I guess with a pig you could cut down on the amount of time you spend mowing your lawn…I don’t think that no matter how mainstream domesticated pigs become you will ever find nearly as many in bed with their owners…but you never know

Today please respect the pigs...maybe try NOT to eat them!

1 comment:

  1. When I was in elementary school there was a lady that owned a pig and she kept it in her garage. We used to walk past her house on our way home from school and if the garage door was open we could go inside and play with the pig. Very fun! I'm not sure I could ever own a pig. I would worry everyday that I'd get home and John had made it into breakfast.

    ReplyDelete