“The theme of this year’s World AIDS Day is Universal Access and Human Rights. For me, that means doing everything we can to support countries to reach their universal access goals for HIV prevention, treatment, care and support - all the while protecting and promoting human rights.”
- UNAIDS Executive Director Michel Sidibé
2009 World AIDS Day message
HIV is increasing in every region of the world.
• 15.7 million women
• 2.1 million children under 15
There are so many ways to help, here are a few ideas:
• Adopt a child through World Vision – http://www.worldvision.org/
• Donate to http://www.africare.org/
• There are also local shelters all over the country that help people with AIDS in your own community.