Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 11 – International Mountain Day


(Mt.Baker)

I LOVE MOUNTAINS! They are so beautiful! I am not quite sure what makes them so beautiful, is it because they are so big? All the different colors and textures in them? That there is no way I can deny God made them? The house some of the most interesting animals….not to mention BIG FOOT?!

Well, I did go international today, Jared and I headed up to Vancouver for the weekend. However we got to Canada at 4:00 which out here it is already pitch black so I was unable to get pictures of the actual “international mountains”. Here are some GREAT pictures of the mountains I get to look at almost every day! - To some they are international so there ya go.


(Olympic Mountains in the distance)

I have been proud of myself, when I moved out here it seemed that the people who lived here were immune to the beauty and awe of the mountains and I was determined not to let that happen to me. I am proud to say that when the sun is out, the sky is clear, and they are actually visible they still take my breath away and I always say “WOW look at the mountains! They are so beautiful!” I mean sometimes I may say some variation of that…it’s not like I have a line memorized for those occasions. So enjoy your mountains (the big rocky ones outside…no dirty minds please)…if you can’t find any you can look at these!


(Cascade Mountains)

1 comment: