Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22 – National Haiku Day


I attempted this....I wouldn't recommend it if you are working in a stressful office! 
I only lasted 3 seconds.

Happy Birthday Amy!
You are such a very good friend!
Happy Birthday Amy!

Haiku’s are very fun to write I have decided! Haiku’s are typically written them in 3 lines and each line has a certain number of syllables: 5, 7, 5

“A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!”

So I guess that really wasn’t a good Haiku…I’ll try again;

Michigan is there
I love the mitten, it’s home
I want to be there.

Jared feels yucky
He is starting to get sick
Poor Jared feels blah

The toys squeak all day
Four little paws chase the squeak
Always full of love.


I am sure those are some of the best Haiku’s you have ever read! Can you really get the imagery of what I am saying? I knew it!

Now go and make Haiku’s amongst yourself!

Go use the guidelines
Be creative in haiku’s
You can do it...yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment