Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 16 – Barney and Barbie Backlash Day


This day is a day to get rid of all those annoying toys that have taken over our society.  I believe this day is strategically placed before the holidays when kids will be loading up with the next round of annoying toys.

Luckily, I do not have any annoying toys around my house. I have no kids and don’t live by my nephew. I also LOVE to purge things so Jared and I go through our house at least 2-3 times a year and get rid of things we never use and don’t need – needless to say we don’t have much to get rid of right now.

I don’t think I had any annoying toys when I was little…however, my parents may disagree.  Here is a list of my favorites toys and activities as a kid:

· Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
· Stuffed Animals
· I loved building forts
· I used to take my stuffed animals for rides in the wagon behind our John Deer mower
· Basketball, Soccer, Football – my dad used to teach me patterns to run in the backyard and we would play football together
· Tramp Shows – my sisters and I would create big elaborate trampoline shows and my parents would sit outside and watch and we even have one on tape…I am pretty sure it is Jared’s favorite movie
· Race Cars

Get rid of the annoying toys in your house…if you don’t have toys clean out other junk from your house.




No comments:

Post a Comment