Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3 – National Roof Over Your Head Day

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! That song kept playing over and over in my head today so I thought I would pass it along.

I am very thankful for roofs in general, especially my roofs. Living in Seattle, it rains a lot. I LOVE watching the rain especially when it is really pouring. One of my favorite things to do in the whole world is stand in the garage in Michigan during a thunderstorm and watch the storm come in! I LOVE IT! That is one thing I miss dearly about Michigan…Thunderstorms…something I always took for granted when I lived there.

Roofs are often taken for granted as well. I am thankful that Jared provides a roof for me and Duke – we both get cold very easily and having a roof to keep us dry is very very helpful. Here are some pictures of my roofs!

Here is our carport: the roof over Frank's head
and Frank's roof (Frank is our car...I told you I name everything)


here is the roof I live under


Here is Duke in his room enjoying his roof:

I encourage you to go gaze at your roof today and think of all the wonderful things it does for you. Then find the person who pays for the roof and give them a big hug! HOORAY FOR ROOFS, and the all important ROOF PROVIDERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment