Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 21 – National Hugging Day

Hugging – this is one reason I am very glad that I am a girl. I can hug anyone and it’s not odd. Men however, have to think ok am I going to hug, shake hands, do the man hug with the pat on the back…it’s all very confusing. Today I enjoyed every hug I gave or received.

Duke has a very good hugging schedule. He starts out his day every morning with a morning hug – we uncover him from bed, pick him up, and give him a big hug and kisses and tell him what the plan for the day is. He also gets a hug every time I come home….he grabs a toy does a lap around the table and then sits at my feet until I pick him up and give him a big hug and tell him how much I love him. He gets many other hugs throughout the day as well.

I love getting hugs from Jared and today he thought it was so funny cause it was National Hugging Day when I would say something that I was annoyed with or anxious about he would just say “Let’s hug it out, come on Michelle, come here, let’s hug it out” he thought it was so funny, but it did actually help.

So I think that everyone should just hug. If you feel like hugging just do it, don’t let anything get in your way, stretch your arms out and run towards the person you want to hug. And if they are uncomfortable with it you can use Jared’s line – Let’s hug it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment