Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10 – National Peculiar People Day

Peculiar:
–adjective
Strange; queer; odd
Uncommon; unusual
Distinctive in nature or character from others.



I decided to me someone is peculiar when I look at them and say to myself (sometimes out loud…hopefully quietly) “What is that person thinking?”

I am not meaning that they are wrong or anything, I truly want to know what they were thinking. This website http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=113 will show you some of the most peculiar people I have ever seen. It is the People of Wal-Mart website.

Following the website advice Jared and I took a trip to Wal-Mart today…the website is right, there are some very peculiar people there. I am not yet swift enough to capture them like the ones who post on the website, but I’ll get there. We some a few crazy outfits: one consisted of very TIGHT florescent yellow pants on…let’s just say someone who shouldn’t have been wearing them…although I am not sure ANYONE should be wearing them. We also saw some GREAT hot pink clothes, mohawks, other interesting outfits, and we also saw things showing that you just don’t want to see.

All in all it was interesting. Makes me appreciate how different everyone is. If it weren’t offensive to people I honestly would LOVE to talk to these people and see what they were thinking when they left the house, or bought whatever they had on…that would be VERY interesting to me.



So enjoy the peculiar people in your life! And check out the website…these pictures are a few teaser pictures from there. Also, people are putting up new pictures constantly…I looked at it this morning and now again and there were over 30 new pictures put up just today!

No comments:

Post a Comment