Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 19 – Popcorn Day


There was nothing I could find about why this day is popcorn day…one site did say that possibly it had something to do with the Super Bowl, since that used to be earlier in the year then it is now.

My step-dad LOVES popcorn! So much so that for Christmas he got a new popcorn bowl from my sister. It has this special thing in the bottom so all the un-popped kernels fall into it and you don’t accidentally grab then while shoveling in the otherwise perfectly plump popped kernels.


I am not a big popcorn eater; I will eat it if it is around, but only the plain kind…and I HATE butter on it. You would think this could cause a problem at the movies between Jared and me, but he just gets me a box of Buncha Crunch and I am good to go.

Popcorn has been around for a LONG time, and it is a healthy snack if you don’t load it down with butter or salt.

Enjoy your popped corn today…maybe someday they will come up with popstrawberry, or poppea? You never know, I could be on the cutting edge of something!

No comments:

Post a Comment