Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17 – Kid Inventor's Day

Sorry, there was a typo in the weekly list of holidays that I put out last Sunday, I thought originally today was: Blessing of the Animals at the Cathedral Day…it’s not.

When I was a kid, I tried to invent things ALL the time. One time I thought I had invented something that took ink off of your hands…my mom always used to put some ingredients out for me in the kitchen and then while she was making something I will throw in a little of this, a little of that, and com up with my own concoction – It was one of my favorite things to do with her. Well…one day, I mixed up some stuff, I think I threw in some food coloring cause I remember it being purple and I washed my hands with it and voila the pen on my hand was gone! I was so impressed with myself, that I remember taking it to school for show and tell. I then wrote on my hand with a pen, took half of the class (the girls and my teacher) into the bathroom and used my invention to clean my hands! It was amazing. I am pretty sure my secret ingredient was soap, although I can say I am not 100% sure. I may have had something revolutionary.

Here is another kid inventor from my favorite show Ellen:

No comments:

Post a Comment