Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16 – National Nothing Day


So…I have discovered that you are never doing “nothing”. At first I was a little perplexed on what to do today since it is impossible to do nothing.

Luckily, I decided that I have Nothing planned for today! It was great! I woke up at 9am and just laid in bed because I had nothing that I had to do. I talked to some friends on the phone, checked my email…then Duke asked to go to the dog park so SURE we went, we had nothing else to do.

Overall, so far it has been a very relaxing day of nothing.

I called my sister today to see what she was doing and she said “Nothing, we are bored!” and to that I said, “PERFECT! Today is National Nothing Day! You are participating to the fullest!” She was not that excited at her grand participation in the day, but I was.

So, I am going to keep doing nothing in particular, well still doing something…only because I have to.

I think it is very odd that you can never be doing NOTHING. I guess that saying is becoming truer the longer I think about this…. If you are not helping the situation then you are hurting it. (Something like that anyway) – For me it applies to everything…relationships, attitude, etc. Things are always happening…never Nothing! – Maybe today is the day to recognize that?

(That picture is Duke doing as close to nothing as you can get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment