Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26 – Worldwide Howl At The Moon Night



I picked up Jared from class tonight and headed to the park by our house, also the known as Marymoor Park where the dog park is. There were a few soccer games being played and a good number of people there. While we were driving into the park the moon was out (which was rare for the night since it has been rainy and cloudy) I figured I couldn’t risk this opportunity to howl while the moon was actually out…. I rolled down my window, stuck my head out and let out a howl! When I pulled my head back in and looked over at Jared he had the look on his face like, “What are you doing you crazy psycho?” Then he remembered who he was married to and started laughing at me.
We pulled into the park and found a nice quiet field across from some soccer games. I was picturing the nice silhouette shot of me howling like a true howler into the moon “rooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww”… Well the first attempt there was no moon, we were about to pack up and the moon made a sudden appearance! I let out a loud howl again…Perfect the moon was in it. Then Jared, my wonderful photographer, remembered that we had the “night” option on our camera so I howled again with all my might…by now I am sure that people at the soccer games were wondering what was going on. They were perhaps wondering if someone was being attacked by a small gopher.

I let out a few more howls just for good measure.  It was actually quite liberating howling away, I even got in a few with the triple “OWWWW OWWW OWWWWWWWWW!”

On a side note I just spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to type the sound of a howl. I was sitting here sounding it out and trying to put it into letters. I asked Jared how you spell it he was a fan of “Owwwwww”, I was thinking more “Roowwwwwwwwwww” cause I like to put an “r” sound at the beginning, then I asked Duke – he seemed to respond to either way. (Neither one pass the spellchecker.)

Anyway you spell it go howl at the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment