Friday, February 26, 2010

February 25 – National Inconvenience Yourself Day

This I didn’t even have to try for! Right now we are living with my parents and all of our stuff is in the garage in boxes. Let me explain to you what this means:

• I currently have 3 pairs of pants – 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of sweats; I also have 3 sweatshirts, 6 t-shirts, and 4 pairs of socks with holes in them.
• I have no car and sit at home most of the day while everyone is at work.
• All of my scrap booking stuff (my hobby that I enjoy when I have free time as I do now) is packed up
• Pictures, music, books, everything…somewhere in the sea of boxes.

I was able to dig out my computer out so that I can keep up on my blog for you all!  Now I have no excuse.

Anyways, my whole living situation is very inconvenient. However, I must say at the same time convenient because I do not have to worry about paying rent or anything for a little while.

Actually Inconvenience Yourself Day is a day to think more of others then yourself. Hold open a door for someone else, give up your seat on the bus, and carry groceries for the old lady - those types of things.

One thing I really want to work on, is when Jared gets home to get up from whatever I am doing and go greet him - inconvenient for me, but I would LOVE it if everyone did that when I get home.  I need to take a lesson from Duke on this one, no matter what he is doing he always gets up and goes to greet whoever is coming in the house.

I did get up with Jared this morning before he went to work made his lunch and kissed him goodbye…that required me to get out of bed at 6am…however, this is much better then my previous job of getting up at 4:45am and driving him to work.

I wasn’t around that many people today, which was inconvenient for me…maybe I was helping others by staying away.

I also gave my friend Amy and my step-dad Herm a chance to inconvenience themselves for me today…they gave me rides…like I said I have no car!

No comments:

Post a Comment