Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 19 – National Chocolate Mint Day

I love the combination of chocolate and mint…mmmmmm. My dad and I used to go out to breakfast every Wednesday morning growing up and after every meal we would get York Peppermint Patties! My favorite way to eat these I learned from my sister: you unwrap it (always a good first step) stick a toothpick in the middle and pick it up like an hor d'oeuvres, then you take small bites all the way around it and once you completed that you eat the rest in one bite!

My favorite ice cream in the whole world is Hudsonville Mint Chocolate Chip, which you can only get in Michigan. Whenever I would come home to visit when we lived in Seattle (that is so fun to say!) my mom would always have some at the house waiting for me. It is sooo good. Sometimes if I don’t have any I will take vanilla ice cream, add chocolate chips and green food coloring. The thought is that if it looks like Hudsonville Mint Chocolate Chip then maybe my brain will trick my taste buds into tasting the sweet succulent taste that is Hudsonville Mint Chocolate Chip. You may laugh, but I swear it has worked a couple times.

Today I bought some mints and gave them out to my family and to my friends who kindly had us over for an AMAZING dinner! Thanks Amy and Andy!

Next time you are in Michigan…may even have to be the west side…get yourself some Hudsonville Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I will say in advance “You’re Welcome”.

No comments:

Post a Comment