Friday, February 19, 2010

February 17 – Random Acts Of Kindness Day

This is one of my favorite things to do. In high school a few times when we were bored my friends and I would go buy big bags of candy and then go visit friends, parents, and other people we knew just to say “Hi” and give them some candy. Some of my other favorite random acts are:

• Paying the toll for the person behind you on the road\
• Paying for someone’s fast food or coffee who is behind you in the drive thru
• Holding open a door for someone
• Letting someone go in front of you in the grocery or other checkout line
• Giving compliments to people, even perfect strangers

Those are just some of my favorites. My mom always told me, “If you are feeling down or sorry for yourself go do something nice for someone else”.

Even making a point to smile at people, look them in the eye and say HI could make a world of difference in someone’s day.  Oh, also leaving a comment on someone's blog...
So go out and randomly be kind and thoughtful to people!

1 comment:

  1. Your great blogging continues, Michelle. Thanks for the good ideas, the laughs, and the very inciteful comments into the world as we know it. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete