Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9 – Chaos Never Dies Day

Chaos – noun:  a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.

I think a lot of people make their own chaos…actually I think everyone does, whether you are trying to or not.
Right now I do not have a lot of chaos in my life. I have really been trying to focus on the important things in life and making myself into a better person – for me this has helped eliminate a lot of chaos and helps me to feel more peaceful. I thought about chaos in my life in the past today and how chaos truly does never die, it is always lingering around waiting for the chance to take over. It doesn’t die, BUT you can kick it out of your life or your house and lock the door.

Even in the midst of “complete chaos” you can choose to get swept away in it or take a deep breath and walk to the other side.

There are two things I try to remember when I am feeling chaotic:
1. God never gives you anything you can’t handle
2. God gave you 24 hours in a day because that is enough time in the day to do what you need to do…the important things. If it is taking you longer you need to cut some “not so great” things out of your life - otherwise you will miss your life.

WOW that was deep…just a little insight into the inner workings of me!

Anyway, I also LOVE fun chaotic-ness. I love our family reunions where there are 20+ people all at one house playing loud games of spoons, charades, or volleyball. I love playing Shang Hi Rummy with my Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim it always turns into a chaotic yelling match – but always full of laughs! I love at the dog park when there are 100+ dogs running in every direction, sprinting after each other, diving in the water, chasing balls, colliding with one another their ears flapping in the wind. I love when my dad says something is “chaos, complete chaos” while he laughs (haha, I am laughing right now thinking of my dad and I can see his face while he is saying that).

Chaos in the right way can be great! If you have chaos in the wrong way in your life then kick it out, lock the door, and wedge a chair in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment