Monday, May 31, 2010

May 25 – Tap Dance Day

At first I was thinking how great it would be if everyone wore tap shoes everyday. You would always be able to tell when people were coming. You could tell what kind of mood they were in, spice up a boring conversation, add a little jig when delivering bad news…you know those sorts of things.

Then I realized that I am one of those people who bounces their knee all the time, (runs in the family, my grandma did it, my dad does it…), anyways, I was thinking that I may be shot by a co-worker if all day they just heard me tapping away…I still think it could be great.

This day was signed into law by President George Bush to honor tap dancing as a uniquely American art form. This date was chosen because it’s the birthday of Bill "Bojangles" Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment