Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 13 – National Scrabble Day

My family is actually very good at this game…however, I am not. I do not have the biggest vocabulary in the world, and without spell checker…well, I am only slightly above average which doesn’t bode well in a game dependent on spelling and vocabulary knowledge. My goal was to break 100 knowing that I would be well below everyone else. I did my very best and I got…99! So close…but yet, so far. I was able to get rid of all my pieces at the end, which was a bonus to my ego.

I tend to put down words that I think sound like words, that maybe should be words and then I look around anxiously to see if anyone will challenge me…they did.

It was a great family bonding game though the winner was Herm, my step-dad, and then loser…well of course that would be me.

Important background information on Scrabble: Scrabble was created in 1938 by Alfred Mosher Butts. It is sold by Hasbro, Inc.

Picture coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment