Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 1 – One Cent Day


There are few things left in the world that are one cent. Jared knows a person who throws away their pennies…completely insane if you asked me…obviously he has never heard the saying “A penny saved is a penny earned”.

I know of one thing and one thing only that still costs a penny…the little horse at Meijer. Meijer is a kind of “big box” store in Michigan and other mid-west states. In everyone…at least everyone I have ever been in, there is a brown horse names Sandy that you can ride on for one cent.

We are babysitting my nephew this week and he is about 16months so we decided to take him to Meijer so he could ride the horse! It was a great adventure we were all excited he had a big smile on his face when he sat atop the great beast. I put the penny in…nothing. I hit the box a few times…nothing. I tried another penny, realizing of course that this was not costing one cent anymore, but two! Still nothing.

I guess you can’t get anything anymore for one cent…a very sad day.

P.S. If you are one of those people who throws away pennies…I will give you my address and you can send them to me…I LOVE pennies…anything that I can buy stuff with.

No comments:

Post a Comment