Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 11 – Barbershop Quartet Day

This day celebrates the founding of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America in Tulsa, Oklahoma on April 11, 1938. Barbershop Quartets date back to the early 1900's in America.

I had planned to get some friends together and go stand outside a barbershop today and try it out…however, I was out of town and I realized that no one would probably want to sing with me in public. If Jared and I could be a quartet though, we would be AWESOME. We pretended to be doing the “Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello”. (You know where you start lower and do each hello a little higher – like you were in a quartet). We were surprisingly very good!

*** As a disclaimer - my internet has NOT been cooperating lately...hence the late postings...right now I am on my mom's.  I can't put on a lot of the videos etc that I would like to so sorry!  I am doing the best I can!***

No comments:

Post a Comment