Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sept 29 – Confucius Day



"I want you to be everything that's you, deep at the center of your being." – Confucius


That is my favorite Confucius quote, well it is one that I like anyway. I have not read all 499 of them.

Born in China on October 18, 551 B.C., Confucius is one of the earliest, and perhaps the first great philosopher. He was also a teacher, a scholar, and a politician. He gave the world many teachings, and gave the world 499 famous sayings. Although Confucianism is often followed in a religious manner by the Chinese, arguments continue over whether it is a religion.

Now some Confucius sayings are insightful and inspirational others, I am convinced, only made the list because they are sayings by Confucius. For example: “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” I mean really…in that case I would like to make my own quote and it should become popular and insightful for centuries to come…

“If you paint white paper blue, the paper will be blue”

You heard it here first! Anyways, today I tried to find philosophical meaning in things, and read into things more then I generally would; then I realized I am glad there are people who like that thing…like Confucius…so that I don’t have to do it.

Thank you Confucius…for the 499 sayings and your contributions to society!

No comments:

Post a Comment