Monday, September 21, 2009

Sept 19 - Talk Like A Pirate Day



* Talk Like A Pirate Day is an original concept created in a moment of temporary insanity by John Baur and Mark Summers.


Ahoy Mates!

Today I discovered two things:
1. I don’t know that much about Pirates
2. When I try to talk like a Pirate it ends up sounding like I have some strange Irish Accent

I am still with my family so we decided to give ourselves pirate names to help us feel more “pirate-y” I became the Black Toe Bandit (thanks to my nail polish), mom became Scully, and Herm was Black Beard.

Scully and I tried acting out a few pirate scenes in Siena…we also tried to use a pigeon as our parrot but had a little trouble capturing one.

For this next part it helps if you can read it with a Pirate Accent:

Later on tonight I was on my ship and received a distressed call from Scully and Black Beard… Scully’s treasure (her wedding ring) had gone missing perhaps stolen by enemy pirates!

ARRGH we were upset!

Scully and Black Beard had already tossed the place and threatened some civilians with walking the plank!

I sailed over just as quickly as the high tides would take me and searched high and low, this was a real treasure hunt and there was no “X marks the spot”. I lifted one of the barrels on the deck and AHOY! The treasure flew out into the open and came to a stop directly at Scully’s feet!

There was great celebration throughout the land, and a free meal!
**A few civilians were actually threatened although no one was injured**

A real treasure hunt on Talk Like A Pirate Day! A Coincidence…I think not. I have proven myself a real pirate after all!

Believe it or not there is an official website for this day!:
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Beware!

Pirates still exist today the most dangerous waters are those in the Indian Ocean and between Indonesia and Malaysia after you round Singapore heading East to West.

No comments:

Post a Comment