Monday, July 5, 2010

June 28 – National Handshake Day

You can tell a lot about a person by their handshake I believe. You have the “I’m so strong and in control I am going to break your hand” shake, the “wet noodle”, the “lobster pinch”, the “warning” handshake (perhaps most often given by a father to a daughters new boyfriend or husband), and the “confident” handshake. To me those are your major categories.

In college for my marketing class it was our homework to go out over the weekend and shake hands with 400 people, making sure to practice eye contact, nice firm but not too firm grip and a healthy “HI, nice to meet you”.

I am usually a fan of handshakes, although I HATE when people are greeting you and they don’t look at you, and use the handshake to PULL you to where they want you to go, or think you are going. This often happens to me at church, so now I stand on the other side of the hallway and wave.

Practice your handshaking skills today…they are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment